1. The whole weekend was sunny and we visited the farmer’s market again; Been cooking up a storm and making smoothies like crazy and dropped another pound.
2. I feel better physically and mentally, must be the antioxidants in those fruit and vegetables I have been eating; We have been walking the dogs every day and waving to neighbors.
3. My old cooking skills are returning, and we have eaten NO fast food in several weeks. Spent all the money I saved on kitchen stuff. Thanks to Mage for the corn recipe (June 6). It worked like a charm. Check out her site http://urban-archology.blogspot.com/ for a video of how to cook ears of corn in a microwave.
4. Connie and two of the girls are coming to visit next week. She sent me 7 text messages including a photo of her new dog, on Saturday to firm things up.
5. Stiff joints and migraine headaches have gone away, for a while, hopefully forever.
Yes, I am feeling pretty cheerful. I didn’t even flinch when David shouted “Vote for Mitch” to the confirmed socialist up the block as he drove past us with a car full of Democrats. They had all been out canvassing for Mr. Obama.
The police left a sticker on David’s little red FIAT. The note said he had to move it or they would tow it away as abandoned. He hasn’t been able to drive it since he had his knee surgery last summer (he can’t bend his knee well enough to work the clutch and the torn rotator cuff in his shoulder makes shifting the gears impossible). It is an antique and I told him to sell it for parts. I think his days of driving a little red sports car are over, he does not. No, I don’t think the neighbor called the police on the car, they have a joking relationship…I think.
I like this new Fiat 500 (2007) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)